Who Do YOU Think You Are?

Recently I had the opportunity to attend an event and serve as a healer. While there was a lull in the action, another healer asked me to do a trade; I would facilitate a visioning session for him and he would balance my chakras (no, that isn't a euphemism). Since my healing ability is a newly-found talent, I was a little nervous. See, this healer I mention has been doing healings for a long time--over ten years. In fact, when I used to attend healing events, before I recognized my own ability to heal, he was always in attendance as a healer.


I thought to myself, "what can I possibly offer him? He has WAY more experience than I do." I recognized these thoughts as just another version of "who do you think you are?" Then I remembered that it isn't me that does the work. I am simply a vehicle through which God expresses. So it didn't really matter how much experience I have or don't have as long as I'm willing to put my ego aside and allow myself to be open and receptive. So I did the healing with that in mind and, more importantly, in consciousness. I was able to give him insight into his relationship with his brother and provide him with strategies that would help him improve that relationship. I was also able to interpret a dream he shared with me in a manner which gave him greater insight into some things he was contemplating. And, as it turned out, I didn't even have time to get a healing in return.

How often do we catch ourselves thinking we are too small, too inexperienced, too whatever for a task we want to accomplish? Our Higher Self or God or intuition knows how to do it even if we don't. Since we are God in expression, all we have to know is the 'what'. We have to ask the right questions. What am I being called to do? What is God's vision of my life? Then when we become open to those answers, we can allow Spirit to give us the ' how'.

Who do YOU think you are?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jury Duty-Induced Adult Onslaught ADD

ThanksLiving

Slow Down, Don't Worry, Leave Something