Retreat to Advance-Joshua Tree Silent Meditation Retreat Chronicles Part II


Day Two, Afternoon

The hardest part, for me, about being on a silent meditation retreat were meal times. Although seated across the table from someone I've always thought was sweet and really cute, I could not talk to him. Next to me was a friend that I adore and I had to avoid eye contact so that I would not be tempted to engage in conversation with her or giggle.

I thought to myself, "Why do I need to talk now? What would I say, anyway?" I imagined that to my friend I'd say, "I'm so honored to be on this journey with you." To the man across the table I'd say, "I've always thought you were such a sweetheart and we've never really had the chance to talk. How cool is it to be able to do that now."

Instead, I smiled at both and looked away quickly. I chuckled at myself for thinking that I need words in order to communicate when the energy I send out and receive is much more powerful. I chuckled because no one knew what I was thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jury Duty-Induced Adult Onslaught ADD

ThanksLiving

Slow Down, Don't Worry, Leave Something