Visualization vs. Visioning Part II

In part one of this two part post, I defined the difference between visualization and visioning. In this installment, I'd like to answer the question: how do we tell the difference between a real vision and wishful thinking?

In visioning we center ourselves and become still so that we can see, hear, smell, taste, and experience what God's vision is for our lives. When visioning, many practitioners become confused as to whether what they experience is truly God's vision or their own ego's desires. Here is how I tell the difference. When I see an image or a word that seems not to make sense and isn't something that I consciously have a desire for, I know that it comes from a deeper place within me. For example, during visioning back in August, I heard and saw the words Port Canaveral. At the time I did not know what the significance of that place was. I had never been there or had a desire to go there. I simply recorded what I heard in my journal. Recently, I received confirmation of a speaking engagement aboard a cruise ship. Can you guess where the ship will depart from? That's right, Port Canaveral.


Another way to tell that your vision comes from God is to vision for others that are not in your close circle of friends and family. I have had experiences of visioning for others and seeing things about them that I had no other way of knowing. In one instance, I saw someone playing a violin in an orchestra. When I revealed this to the person I was visioning for, he was shocked. He had not told me that he played the violin and had taken up the study of it again a year earlier.


Finally, once we recognize that we are one with God and that the mind of God is our mind, we can trust and know that we have access to God's vision for our lives. Since there is no separation between us and God, if we are truly doing our spiritual work, we can vision and receive visions with spiritual clarity and confidence. Our Higher Self or God Self has a much more expanded vision for our lives than our ego self. Once we align ourselves with this Higher Self, we know with confidence that our visions come from God and not ego.

In the next installment, I'll talk about what the next steps are after receiving a vision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jury Duty-Induced Adult Onslaught ADD

ThanksLiving

Slow Down, Don't Worry, Leave Something